Jacksonville Attorneys Handling Probate Matters
When your loved one has passed away, it can be challenging to focus on anything other than the heartache you feel. At Tolson & Associates, P.A., we want to help you through this difficult time by offering caring and compassionate legal help while probating your loved one's estate.
What is probate? Probate is the process by which a deceased person's affairs are handled in an orderly manner making sure that all legitimate debts are paid, including last illness, burial expenses and expenses of administration, and then the remaining assets are transferred to the beneficiaries named in the decedent's will or to the heirs of the decedent as provided by Florida law if there is no will.
Compassionately Guiding You Through The Florida Probate Process
Many people don't understand that in Florida, it is mandatory to hire an attorney to guide you through the complicated probate administration process. Although the probate process may seem overwhelming, our team has the knowledge and the experience to help you resolve your issues and settle your loved one's estate.
Our founding lawyer John F. Tolson has spent several decades helping families resolve legal issues and distribute property according to their loved ones' wills or Florida law, in the event that no will is present. When you consult with us, our Jacksonville probate lawyers can help you with the following matters:
- Answer your questions about the legal process, including what to expect
- Gather pertinent information about your loved one's estate for probate administration
- File the administration papers with the court that appoints a personal representative
- Make formal pleadings to the court for a personal representative
- Understand taxes and fees associated with the probate process
- Help you understand your duties as a personal representative, including:
- Paying estate taxes
- Settling other debts owed by the estate
- Distributing donations to charities, according to the will
- Identifying, locating, dividing and distributing property to beneficiaries
In addition to guiding you through the probate process as swiftly and cost-effectively as possible, our firm can also provide reliable legal representation when you are dealing with probate disputes.
For Help With Beneficiary Agreements And Other Issues, Contact Our Clay County Lawyers Today
We invite you to call Tolson & Associates, P.A., at (904) 269-0050 or contact us online to schedule a confidential consultation regarding your legal needs. Our law office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend appointments are available.